From: Amit Dor-Shifer <amitds@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Can an ebuild override CONFIG_PROTECT?
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 09:26:36
1 Does emerge actually call 'env-update'? If so, where (I can't find in in
2 the code)?
3 if not, who performs the environment update when an ebuild is emerged
4 (I'm supposing env-update gets called. I didn't call it explicitly in my
5 ebuild, yet still /etc/profile.env gets updated with CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK)?
6 Amit
7
8 Zac Medico wrote:
9 > Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:
10 >
11 >> Thanks.
12 >> IMHO this usage of env.d should be documented in the ebuild howto, as it
13 >> presents a useful-yet-not-trivial mechanism.
14 >>
15 >> I'd document it, if:
16 >> a) I get no objection from others. Anyone?
17 >> b) I'd be referred to the proper place to document it in. There's a page
18 >> dealing w/ |CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK at
19 >> http://devmanual.gentoo.org/general-concepts/config-protect/index.html,
20 >> but I doubt if that's the proper place.
23 > It's touched upon in the User Handbook here:
24 >
25 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?full=1#book_part2_chap5
26 >
27 > It might be nice to mention it somewhere in the Developer Handbook:
28 >
29 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?full=1
30 >
31 > That's maintained by the devrel team, and you can file a bug for
32 > them at bugs.gentoo.org.