From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Next major version
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 22:12:04
1 On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:41:10 -0400
2 Kristian Benoit <kbenoit@×××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > The page is dated from the end of 2003. The pdf has not been updated
5 > since october 2003. According to google group, this is the 3rd time it
6 > is mentionned in a group/mailing list this year. Everytime it was
7 > someone saying: "you'll have to wait for portage-ng to get that". I
8 > guest drobbins is Daniel Robbins. He probably cant work on the project
9 > anymore.
10
11 Not officially, portage-ng is dead and buried from our point of view.
12 Maybe Pieter still claims that he has the code and maybe even that it
13 works on Solaris, but I wouldn't give too much on that.
14
15 Marius
20 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
21 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.