From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] repos.conf location w.r.t PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT
Date: Wed, 06 May 2015 18:37:40
1 On 05/06/15 09:54, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
2 > I am trying to rebuild an old cross sysroot and I got problems.
3 > I cannot make emerge to select my old ebuilds in an overlay over those
4 > in /usr/portage.
5 >
6 > What new is since last time I did this is /etc/portage/repos.conf/
7 > I suspect emerge always reads /etc/portage/repos.conf/ no matter
8 > what I set PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT / ROOT to ?
9 >
10 > Jocke
13 It instantiates 2 config instances, one using /etc/portage/repos.conf
14 (for build time DEPEND) and another one using
15 $PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT/etc/portage/repos.conf (for run time {P,R}DEPEND).
16 You can see that it's joined with PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT in the
17 load_repository_config function:
18
19 https://gitweb.gentoo.org/proj/portage.git/tree/pym/portage/repository/config.py?id=0f191113cccd049e11fdbe73493eb1efbf4bf89e#n971
20 --