From: Tom Hosiawa <tomek32@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] emerge threaded
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 02:10:28
1 I'm trying to setup my superkaramba theme to have the emerge module
2 being threaded so the gui is still responsive while it's checking for
3 updates. But I'm running into this error
4
5 Unhandled exception in thread started by <function main at 0xb68f356c>
6 Traceback (most recent call last):
7 File "portage_engine.py", line 29, in main
8 reload(portage)
9 File "/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage.py", line 132, in ?
10 signal.signal(signal.SIGCHLD, signal.SIG_DFL)
11 ValueError: signal only works in main thread
12
13 >From what I've found so far, I basically won't be able to do this
14 because of the signal calls in portage.py. I'm just wondering if
15 anybody of anything else I could try or a work around to allow me to
16 thread the emerge module?
17 --
18 Tom
21 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list