From: Paul Varner <fuzzyray@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] tools-portage packages
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 21:10:44
1 All:
2
3 (Apologies if you get this twice. I never saw my initial send of the
4 message hit the mailing list)
5
6 Sending this here before I send to the gentoo-dev list. Below is the
7 list of packages that are managed by the tools-portage herd and their
8 maintainer (if any). I know we have several packages in the herd that
9 are not being maintained and I would like to either get a maintainer or
10 last rite the package. I've included comments on what I know about the
11 packages.
12
13 $ equery meta -m $(fgrep "tools-portage" /usr/portage/*/*/metadata.xml |
14 awk -F'/' '{printf("%s/%s\n", $4, $5)}')
15
16 * app-portage/deltup [gentoo]
17 None specified
18
19 -- I don't know anything about this package.
20
21 * app-portage/eclass-manpages [gentoo]
22 vapier@g.o
23
24 -- Actively maintained by Mike.
25
26 * app-portage/elogv [gentoo]
27 fuzzyray@g.o (Paul Varner)
28 sping@g.o (Sebastian Pipping)
29
30 -- Being maintained more by Sebastian than myself.
31
32 * app-portage/elogviewer [gentoo]
33 fuzzyray@g.o (Paul Varner)
34
35 -- Effectively unmaintained, I can't find the upstream repository and I
36 haven't done anything with it recently.
37
38 * app-portage/epm [gentoo]
39 None specified
40
41 -- Old perl script that mimics rpm. I've done some ebuild cleanup, but
42 otherwise unmaintained.
43
44 * app-portage/esearch [gentoo]
45 None specified
46
47 -- Actively maintained by myself and Brian. Upstream repository is on
48 Github
49
50 * app-portage/etc-proposals [gentoo]
51 dolsen@g.o (Brian Dolbec)
52
53 -- Actively maintained by Brian
54
55 * app-portage/euses [gentoo]
56 jer@g.o (Jeroen Roovers)
57
58 -- Actively maintained by Jeroen
59
60 * app-portage/genlop [gentoo]
61 None specified
62
63 -- Not actively being maintained although fixes have been made in the
64 upstream gentoo-perl repository on Github. it might be appropriate to
65 transfer this to the gentoo-perl herd.
66
67 * app-portage/gentoolkit-dev [gentoo]
68 None specified
69
70 -- Actively maintained by Christian.
71
72 * app-portage/gentoolkit [gentoo]
73 None specified
74
75 -- Actively maintained by Paul and Brian
76
77 * app-portage/gpytage [gentoo]
78 dolsen@g.o (Brian Dolbec)
79
80 -- Brian took over maintenance. Not sure of active status
81
82 * app-portage/layman [gentoo]
83 dolsen@g.o (Brian Dolbec)
84
85 -- Brian is actively maintaining
86
87 * app-portage/maintainer-helper [local]
88 None specified
89
90 -- Not actively maintained, it really needs a maintainer or be dropped
91 from the tree.
92
93 * app-portage/mirrorselect [gentoo]
94 None specified
95
96 -- Actively maintained by various people.
97
98 * app-portage/porthole [gentoo]
99 dolsen@g.o (Brian Dolbec)
100 Upstream Maintainer (please CC on bugs)
101
102 -- Actively maintained by Brian
103
104 * app-portage/splat [gentoo]
105 None specified
106
107 -- I don't know anything about this package. Upstream URL is dead.
108
109 * app-portage/udept [local]
110 fuzzyray@g.o
111
112 -- Effectively last rited, due to dead upstream. Still in tree in hard
113 masked status due to no replacement. However, in the time that it has
114 been hard masked, there has not been anyone to step up and either fork
115 or create a replacement.
116
117 * app-portage/ufed [gentoo]
118 None specified
119
120 -- Not being maintained since Harald retired and needs a maintainer.
121 Repository is on overlays.g.o
122
123 * dev-util/bdelta [gentoo]
124 slyfox@g.o (Sergei Trofimovich)
125 Primary Maintainer
126
127 -- I don't know anything about this package. Based on the ChangeLog,
128 Sergei is actively maintaining it.