From: Amit Dor-Shifer <amitds@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] layman: appending overlay list on cmdline
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 11:54:52
1 Hi,
2 I'm assuming this is be the right place to discuss layman. If not,
3 please redirect me and ignore the rest.
4
5 I'm using layman-1.1.1 (not the most-recent). Its -o option appends
6 additional overlays to the list found in layman.cfg. If an overlay
7 appears in both lists, the one from cfg takes precedence.
8 I'm thinking of the -o option as a means to override layman.cfg. Indeed
9 on most applications I've come across, cmdline lets you override
10 persistent configuration. In layman's case, however this is not so, and
11 I'm wondering if that's intended, and if so, what is the reasoning for this.
12
13 I'm able to workaround this issue by invoking layman with '-c
14 /dev/null'. I'd prefer not to do so, though, as this hides layman.cfg
15 entirely from the program, whereas I only want to override the overlay list.
16
17 Thanks,
18 Amit