From: Joseph Booker <joe@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] portage doc & cache
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 16:24:42
1 Hasan Khalil said:
2 > Perhaps using a mysql-based cache would give more benefits than meets
3 > the eye? I'm thinking particularly about, if it were possible, keeping a
4 > mysql-based cache on a central server on my LAN, and having all clients
5 > use that rather than having to keep a cache on each and every one of
6 > them. This would also speed up cache times on slower machines, assuming
7 > the network is faster than local access (which is sometimes the case in
8 > my environment). Just a thought.
9 >
10 > -Hasan
11
12 Try modifing OneOfOne's mysql cache modules at
13 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=1156177&sid=365314fc99c8112c75f84a13428b2c88#1156177
16 Joe Booker
19 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list