From: Sebastian Luther <SebastianLuther@×××.de>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Bugzilla workflow
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2014 22:05:07
1 Hi all,
2
3 since we're at documenting things, I wonder if we want to discuss and
4 document the bugzilla workflow.
5
6 For now I tried to handle bugs like Zac did. That is:
7
8 There always exists a tracker bug, named:
9 "[Tracker] sys-apps/portage-<next version>".
10
11 This bug is renamed from X.Y.Z to X.Y.Z+1 after a release, until it gets
12 closed when Y changes and a new one is opened.
13
14 Whenever a commit for a specific bug is made to the git repo, the
15 corresponding bug gets changed in the following ways:
16 * InVCS is added to Keywords
17 * The bug is marked as blocking the tracker for the next version
18 * A comment is added saying: This is fixed in git: <url to commit>
19 (note that the bug stays open)
20
21 After a release all open bugs blocking the tracker are closed with the
22 comment "This is fixed in <version>.".
23
24 I like this workflow because it makes it easy to see what has been fixed
25 since the last release. The only thing I have no use for, is this InVCS
26 keyword. I do not know what Zac used it for. Does anyone have a use for it?
27
28 Another topic is the bug status for open bugs, i.e. CONFIRMED,
29 UNCONFIRMED, IN_PROGRESS. I've never bothered with changing them and
30 haven't found them useful, but Brian suggested to use IN_PROGRESS at
31 times. What are your thoughts?
32
33 Did I miss something? Any suggestions?
34
35 Sebastian