From: Nicholas Jones <carpaski@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o, lafou@×××××××.fr
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] portage doc & cache
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 15:41:46
1 > Rsync doesn't work with the corporate proxy + firewall. I have to use
2 > emerge-webrsync (ev. 2 or 3 days).
3
4 This was a fairly important piece of info, btw...
5
6 After you update using webrsync you should run
7 # emerge-webrsync
8 # emerge metadata
9
10 Which will update your cache. I'll update emerge-webrsync
11 to mention this as well. 'emerge metadata' is a regen, but
12 it uses the metadata-cache to bypass the bash calls and is
13 what a normal 'emerge sync' does when it completes the update.
14
15 --NJ