From: Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] has_version and built_with_use ignore package.provided
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 20:41:53
1 Paul Bredbury wrote:
2 > How can a package be built_with_use anything if it's not installed?
3 > You're saying that in this situation the answer is "unknown". I'm saying
4 > that it's logically impossible for the answer to be True, therefore the
5 > answer is False. There is no third option, because it's a Boolean
6 > function.
7
8 There is a third option. Reporting an error. Since this is not C++ or python
9 where we can throw exceptions, the appropriate fix is to die().
12 Kind Regards,
13
14 Simon Stelling
15 Gentoo/AMD64 Developer