From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] PATCH: initial EAPI awareness
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 08:09:57
1 Brian Harring wrote:
2 > Round 3, fixed all uglyness.
3 > You *will* see uglyness for the changeover from flat_list to flat_hash
4 > if you're setting portdbapi.auxdbmodule to flat_hash, but that's a one
5 > time hit, and is the reason we blow away the cache on portage
6 > upgrades.
7 >
8 > Either way, full patch, just correction of a few instances where it
9 > user visible warnings were popping up, but not required.
10 > ~harring
13 I have created a patch for forward compatibility with arbitrary EAPI strings. The only change is to substitute an integer constant EAPI_UNRECOGNIZED whenever an unrecognized string is encountered.
14
15 Zac

2.0.51-eapi-awareness-3-arbitrary-string-forward-compatibility.patch text/x-patch