From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] portage.py splitout
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:44:18
1 Chris White wrote:
2 > While doing some documenting on what functions needed to be documented
3 > for the API documentation project, I found that portage.py seems to be
4 > quite a "dumping ground" for functions:
5 >
6 > http://www.gen2net.net/portage-doc/portage.py
7 >
8 > I think it would be nice to split some of the classes out ( yah yah,
9 > I'll make patches ;( ). If someone has already mentioned this, feel
10 > free to beat me solid with the cluebat ;).
11
12 There have been many attempts to do this, but somehow they've never quite made
13 it into portage. I remember antarus doing this around a year ago, before he
14 became a dev. I also remember someone submitting a patch on this list a month or
15 so ago that did something similar. Everyone knows it's a mess, but nobody wants
16 to actually fix it :) Oh, and consider yourself Clue-By-Four'd :P
19 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
20 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
23 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list