From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: Re: portage-ng roadmap?
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 10:44:29
1 On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 04:17, Michael Kohl wrote:
2 > On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:08:16 +0200
3 > Philippe Lafoucrière <lafou@×××××××.fr> wrote:
4 >
5 > > I'd like to work on the cache part, since I'm getting sic of "emerge
6 > > rsync".
7 >
8 > 2.0.51 is changing the cache format. I don't know yet if this makes
9 > "emerge sync" faster, but if you're eager to try it out you can unmask
10 > it in your /etc/portage/package.unmask.
11 The change is due to the addition of provide's to the cache; that
12 doesn't affect speed, although .51 is a bit faster since a couple of
13 issues w/ the cache handling code have been corrected.
14
15 Main one being the addition of __cache(Array|Key) to portage_db_template
16 storing the last 3 keys pulled for that category, correcting an issue w/
17 aux_get where it went to disk *way* more then was needed. At some point
18 I'd think the __cache(Array|Key) addition should be moved up above the
19 portage_db layer, since w/ right now it makes addition of a memcached
20 based cache semi-tricky/ugly.
21 ~brian