From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] .53, .54 and beyond...
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 06:19:58
1 On Sat, 2005-11-26 at 13:15 +0900, Jason Stubbs wrote:
2
3 [snip stuff]
4 Need to head to bed now. Will respond to other parts tomorrow.
8 > > A little bit of a longer term goal is to see portage gain
9 > > the ability to request to only use RRDEPEND entries to be used for
10 > > depgraph creation for use with embedded/mimimal systems.
11 > >
12 > > ROOT=/dev/shm/minimal emerge -KO --deps="RRDEPEND" pkgfoo
15 > This is definitely not something that could be done in any of 2.x unless it's
16 > done as an external tool (which would not be so hard as order doesn't matter
17 > with binary packages). I'm not sure that I like the idea of selectively
18 > ignoring *DEPEND in 3.x anyway - by that stage sanity checking should be 100%
19 > but selective *DEPENDs will either poke huge holes through it or make a huge
20 > mess. Either way, it's not a tomorrow thing so discussion should probably
21 > wait until it's more viable.
22
23 That's fine I'm not ready to focus on --deps= right away. As stated
24 it's a longer term goal and I would also prefer to discuss it at a later
25 time.
28 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
29 Gentoo Linux
32 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list