From: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Is there any short syntax for REQUIRED_USE when a lot of USE flags need another one enabled?
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 20:13:17
1 On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 11:24:37AM +0100, Pacho Ramos wrote:
2 > I am referring in this case to abiword, it has a "plugins" USE flag that
3 > enables some minimal set of plugins and, then, a lot of USE flags for
4 > building extra plugins (with extra dependencies). All of this extra
5 > plugins need "plugins" USE flag to be enabled. Is there any way to write
6 > a REQUIRED_USE flag variable without needing to list all USE flags
7 > depending on "plugins" to be set?
8
9 I think the better question is why you have a plugin use flag if
10 the vast majority of interesting flags require it.
11
12 What's the gain of having plugin controllable, vs forced on by default
13 (or force on by one of the flags you referenced being enabled)?
14
15 ~brian