From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Improvement suggestion for emerge: Not using a new connection for every file
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 21:09:02
1 Beginner wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I recommend not to use wget and not to reconnect to the server for every
5 > single packet, but to hold the connection
6 > therefore spare traffic and download more fast.
7
8 Uhh, what exactly are you talking about? There is very little overhead to
9 reconnecting to a server to download a second file. Also, how often are multiple
10 files downloaded from the same server? Probably not very often. I've heard of
11 people trying to rice their binaries, but ricing your downloads? :P
14 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
15 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
16 --
17 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list