From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] How to make portage create /var/log/portage/ with portage:portage owners?
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 14:32:50
1 On 11/01/2011 05:28 AM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
2 > I have user "pacho" under "portage" group to be able to make some tasks
3 > without becoming root, but, sadly, I am unable to make portage
4 > create /var/log/portage files/dirs with portage:portage owners instead
5 > of portage:root, preventing me from removing old files without becoming
6 > root.
7 > Is there anyway to configure this?
8
9 Since portage-2.1.10.5, it will automatically copy group permission bits
10 up from /var/log/portage (or PORT_LOGDIR) to subdirectories, so you need
11 to make sure your desired permissions are set on /var/log/portage:
12
13 http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/portage.git;a=commit;h=002882cc5a936f2e111bfc6f342fb1f5987f68ed
14 --
15 Thanks,