From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] [rfc] variable naming for marking binaries as QA ignorable
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 00:57:25
1 On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 23:32 -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > so we've found some cases where a package installs objects that either need to
3 > be ignored by some of the scanelf checks ...
4 >
5 > first off, we have kernel binary objects that a package installs (the h*modem
6 > packages do this), so they should not be subjected to the exec stack scans
7 >
8 > next up is the slmodem package ... this puppy is partly binary only and we
9 > have no access to the source code and upstream is dead ... one of the
10 > pre-built binary objects has an exec stack enabled via gcc (meaning it's a
11 > legit use of exec stack) ... so we need to skip that
12 >
13 > what this e-mail is about is naming convention ... i'm thinking that an ebuild
14 > sets up a variable with a list of relative paths to $D of files that should
15 > be skipped for various checks ... so with slmodem, we'd have like:
16 > QA_EXEC_STACK="usr/sbin/slmodemd usr/sbin/slmodem_test"
17 >
18 > if, in the future, we need to add an ignore list for TEXTRELs, we'd use
19 > QA_TEXTRELS="...."
20
21 This becomes tricky when looking at tests across all CHOSTs.
22 What holds true for one arch defiantly is not the case for others.
25 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
26 Gentoo Linux
29 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list