From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: use* cleanup
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 14:31:38
1 On Friday 02 November 2007, Duncan wrote:
2 > Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> posted
3 > 200711011406.13966.vapier@g.o, excerpted below, on Thu, 01 Nov
4 >
5 > 2007 14:06:13 -0400:
6 > > On Thursday 01 November 2007, Marijn Schouten (hkBst) wrote:
7 > >> Zlin found yet another bug. Since echo "" will output a newline my
8 > >> current proposed implementation of useq won't be quiet.
9 > >
10 > > sounds like we should have a testsuite in portage to make sure the misc
11 > > variants are operating as expected
12 >
13 > While such a test suit would be good for portage, the other package
14 > managers could probably use it as well. It'd therefore be useful to make
15 > it an independent package, probably in cooperation with the EAPI
16 > definition project.
17
18 that's been discussed before, but it isnt a priority right now nor is anyone
19 really stepping up to do it
20 -mike