From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Portage team, Zac's development break and stepping down as lead
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 15:44:10
1 On Sun, 2014-01-12 at 04:27 -0200, Rafael Goncalves Martins wrote:
2
3 > Hi Brian,
4 >
5 > I'm somewhat familiar with portage code, and want to help a bit too.
6 > My main target would be to integrate distpatch (distfile delta
7 > support, a.k.a. my work on gsoc 2011) with portage. I sent the patch
8 > to the list years ago, but it never got any reviews, etc. I'm going to
9 > rewrite it and add some tests, etc.
10 >
11 > Can I join the team? :)
12 >
13 > Thanks!
16 Sure. With more people, it will be less demanding on each of us.
17
18 I know myself I've only spent maybe half an hour in the code so far, and
19 still haven't finished it. The rest of the time I've spent in getting
20 established as lead. Also with more people being familiar with the
21 code, team decisions will help keep bad ideas from creeping in, etc..
22
23 Can you give us the link to any code you have (with g.o.g.o down) and a
24 brief summary of how it works please. The we can start to have a look
25 at it. Possibly come up with some better (if possible) ideas on
26 integrating it.
27
28 P.S. add yourself to the project wiki page as a member.
29 --
30 Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>