From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] The merge of emerde with emerge
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 08:07:14
1 On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 05:21:38 -0800
2 Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > There really isn't/won't be any simple way to configure portage to be
5 > aware of new formats on the fly (imo). It's doable, but I disagree
6 > that no additional formats should be supported until the code is
7 > implemented that way- as is, we already have code in portage for
8 > handling our own binpkg format, and for rpms.
9
10 Just for clarification: We have code to build rpms, we don't have code
11 to use them.
12
13 Marius
18 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
19 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.