From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] decoupling .tbz'2 from bzip2
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 18:11:54
1 On Saturday 29 October 2005 02:54, Jason Pepas wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I would like to work on making the compression program used by portage a
5 > configurable option.
6 >
7 > I would like to start with binary packages, but eventually make all of
8 > portage more flexible (man, info, doc, etc).
9
10 Support for info and friends is supported in current trunk. It is configurable
11 by the var PORTAGE_COMPRESS and PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS. Mike Frysinger is the
12 author so it's his call, but it could probably be put into 2.0.54.
13
14 > What would be the best route to pursue this if I wish to keep the gentoo
15 > dev's receptive to my changes?
16 >
17 > I have already started hacking my way through portage :)
18
19 Even though there's a lot of mess, try not to clean any of it up if you're
20 posting a patch for something else. That is, clean ups should be separate to
21 functionality additions/modifications. Other than that, try not to make more
22 mess. ;)
25 Jason Stubbs
26 --
27 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list