From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Old news items
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 17:04:59
1 On 12/16/2015 08:26 AM, Michael Palimaka wrote:
2 > On a fresh amd64 stage3 a user is presented with fourteen news items to
3 > read, and three[1][2][3] of these are directly related to Portage.
4 >
5 > In order to improve the out-of-box experience, please review them for
6 > relevance and consider removing or restricting any that are not.
7 >
8 > 1:
9 > https://gitweb.gentoo.org/data/gentoo-news.git/tree/2012-05-21-portage-config-protect-if-modified/2012-05-21-portage-config-protect-if-modified.en.txt
10 > 2:
11 > https://gitweb.gentoo.org/data/gentoo-news.git/tree/2013-06-07-portage-preserve-libs-default/2013-06-07-portage-preserve-libs-default.en.txt
12
13 Thanks, I've dropped the above 2 items.
14
15 > 3:
16 > https://gitweb.gentoo.org/data/gentoo-news.git/tree/2015-02-04-portage-sync-changes/2015-02-04-portage-sync-changes.en.txt
17
18 This one is probably still somewhat relevant. However, we should
19 probably deprecate PORTDIR and PORTDIR_OVERLAY (with loud warnings from
20 portage when they are set), and possibly send out another news item for
21 that.
22 --
23 Thanks,
24 Zac