From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] .53, .54 and beyond...
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 14:59:39
1 Hi all,
2
3 I don't think there's really anything else that can be done for 2.0.53 so am
4 thinking that we should probably push _rc7 + docs out and let the arch teams
5 mark it stable when they're ready (or stick with 2.0.51.22-r3 if it pleaseth
6 them).
7
8 We should put out a 2.0.54_pre1 out soon after that. What I'm wondering in is
9 what will be going in? So far I'm thinking along the lines of:
10
11 * cache rewrite
12 * exec cleanup
13 * ldconfig fix
14 * sha1 enabling
15
16 The only other new thing in trunk that I know of is logging but there's still
17 a question mark over the ordering of messages... Can that be resolved soon?
18 Anything else missing? Any reasons against any of the above?
19
20 What's on the map for after that? There's a few things listed on the new
21 (still unreleased?) project index and I'm looking to get the dependency stuff
22 refactored and moved out of emerge.. What are the shortterm goals?
25 Jason Stubbs
26 --
27 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list