From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] PATCH: parallel-fetch
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 15:02:02
1 On Friday 16 December 2005 19:01, Brian Harring wrote:
2 > On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 12:09:10PM +0900, Jason Stubbs wrote:
3 > > On Thursday 15 December 2005 20:06, Brian Harring wrote:
4 > > > This is the only blocker for merging parallel-fetch as far as I can
5 > > > tell- so... my vote is nuking the wait out of portage.portageexit
6 > > > (it's exec subsystem crap, belong in exec's atexit (where it exists)).
7 > > > Assuming no complaints there, issues with parallel-fetch going into
8 > > > svn?
9 > >
10 > > Nuking the wait is fine if things will still work the same.. I'm kind of
11 > > wondering if ctrl-c'ing behaviour will change - how gets the ctrl-c
12 > > first?
13 >
14 > ctrl-c doesn't come in play here- just triggers exithandler, which
15 > calls portageexit. What's stupid about this code is that exithandler
16 > has it's *own* set of kill calls in it (nothing like 101 duplicated
17 > bits).
18 >
19 > Either way... exit, or nothing left to execute, python will then
20 > trigger atexit registered callbacks in a lifo manner. So all
21 > exithandler really _should_ have to do is just sys.exit.
22
23 I mean for when a sub-process is running such as ebuild or rsync. Will portage
24 get the SIGINT before or at the same time as the sub-process causing portage
25 to then SIGKILL it while it's trying to exit cleanly? Given that portage's
26 atexit handler is registered after portage_exec's, the subprocess reaping
27 code would not have been doing anything in the past. I guess the question is
28 more a general one rather than specifically related to background fetching.
31 Jason Stubbs
32 --
33 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list