From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Dynamic USE dependencies
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 19:34:28
1 On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 2:03 PM, Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > So I'm basically having trouble with groking the logic you're proposing of
4 > "add a new use flag" -> "implied change of useflag" -> "rebuild when
5 > useflags change" -> "but don't rebuild for this useflag change using some
6 > kind of magic"
9 I'm fine with rebuilding a package anytime the IUSE changes. I just
10 don't want to see a package built with +a -b rebuilt as -a +b because
11 either configuration works, so it gets rebuilt every time you run
12 emerge. If multiple configurations work, just use the one that is
13 already installed.
14
15 emerge --newuse is already going to rebuild any package that has IUSE
16 change anyway.
19 Rich