From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Cc: jmbsvicetto <jmbsvicetto@g.o>, hoffie@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] qfile assumes category names contain a hyphen
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 23:05:49
1 On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 10:50 -0700, Ned Ludd wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 13:27 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > On Tuesday 17 March 2009 12:59:58 Ned Ludd wrote:
4 > > > There is also a bug with atom parsing iirc on 32bit platforms. gradm was
5 > > > the test case. Think we need to change from int to long.
6 > >
7 > > the code is documented as having 64bit limitations for any specific component.
8 > > the last release doesnt have the updated work i did in qatom to handle the
9 > > latest atom spec though, and that includes moving from 32bit to 64bit for
10 > > components ...
11 >
12 > Sounds good.
15 > > > Maybe another with -rX parsing.
16 > >
17 > > if you're thinking of the open bug, that's an eprefix specific extension.
18 > > they turned the X in -rX into a floating point #. which isnt supported
19 > > currently.
20 > > -mike
21 >
22 > I don't think that was it. But I can't recall well enough off the top of
23 > my head the problem that somebody pointed out to me one day on irc while
24 > I was probably too busy.
25
26 Mike,
27 The error was pointed out to me again today on irc by jmbsvicetto and
28 hoffie, which reminded me of what I had forgot before in this thread.
29
30 The problem was/is that qpkg is not handling -rX extensions properly.
34 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
35 Gentoo Linux