From: Amit Dor-Shifer <amitds@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: does emerge verify arch compatibility when merging a binary package?
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 06:34:44
1 When you say ut checks CHOST/keywording, where are those definitions
2 stored for the binary pkg?
3
4 I see one instance of CHOST in the 'Packages' index on the BINHOST. Is
5 that the variable emerge is comparing against? If not, where is it? the
6 tbz itself holds just the binaries.
7
8 Manually modifying a/m CHOST to 'ppc' didn't stop emerge from
9 successfully merging a package on an amd64 target (I've removed
10 /usr/portage/packages from target before emerging).
11
12 Amit
13
14 Duncan wrote:
15 > Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o> posted 49EB3B9F.1050508@g.o,
16 > excerpted below, on Sun, 19 Apr 2009 09:56:31 -0500:
19 >> Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:
20 >>
21 >>> E.G: would portage block an attempt to install a ppc binary on an
22 >>> amd64?
23 >>>
24 >> I believe it checks the CHOST in the binpkg and compares it against the
25 >> configured CHOST for the system.
28 > Doesn't it also still check keywording, at least on newer portage (I
29 > guess it was hard-masking that it didn't used to check for binpkgs, I'm
30 > not sure about keywording)? Of course it is possible to deliberately
31 > confound the keywording check by setting an incorrect ACCEPT_KEYWORDS
32 > globally or using package.keywords to do so by package.