From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Try to specify how to get that a USE flag is present in current ebuild
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 21:05:48
1 Hello
2
3 This comes from this gentoo-dev thread:
4 http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/gentoo/dev/260536
5
6 In that one, we try to use the following:
7 has vala ${IUSE//+/} && ! use vala && return 0
8
9 as already done in many eclasses/ebuilds. The problem is that Ciaran
10 wants to forbid it because he says it's not specified in PMS. My
11 suggestion was to simply specify it as it's currently implemented in
12 portage because that functionality is (apart of needed) being used for a
13 long time in the tree by numerous eclasses/ebuilds, then, from my point
14 of view, wouldn't be any sense on lose time for moving them to current
15 functionality to a worse one, wait for the next eapi and, finally,
16 revert them back to current behavior.
17
18 The problem is that I cannot find any doc about how this is currently
19 handled in portage. Could you help me on it please?
20
21 Thanks a lot