From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o, "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>, "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] [root@gentoo.org: Cron <root@dipper> /usr/local/bin/pidlock -s sync-distfiles /usr/bin/timeout -k 2h 1h /usr/local/bin/mastermirror/sync-distfiles.sh]
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2019 20:01:04
In Reply to: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] [root@gentoo.org: Cron /usr/local/bin/pidlock -s sync-distfiles /usr/bin/timeout -k 2h 1h /usr/local/bin/mastermirror/sync-distfiles.sh] by "Michał Górny"
1 On 11/5/19 10:15 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2019-11-05 at 18:13 +0000, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
3 >> Can Portage handle this error more gracefully please?
6 > Is it still happening though? I thought the Portage upgrade fixed it.
7
8 The UnboundLocalError is an outstanding bug. I'll make a release right
9 away to fix it (unless we would like to add some other changes first):
10
11 https://bugs.gentoo.org/699392
12
13 Also, DeletionTask error handling could use some improvement, but maybe
14 that's not so urgent to fix:
15
16 https://bugs.gentoo.org/699400
17
18 >> The symlink test file is there to verify mirror behavior, so we don't
19 >> want to delete it either.
20 >
21 > I think it's fine to delete it now.
22
23 If you wanted to keep it, then you could whitelist it, right?
24 --
25 Thanks,
26 Zac