From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] repoman commit message for git
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 18:50:54
1 On Mon, 08 Sep 2014 20:31:27 +0200
2 Jauhien Piatlicki <jauhien@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > 08.09.14 19:04, Zac Medico написав(ла):
5 > > On 09/08/2014 04:32 AM, Jauhien Piatlicki wrote:
6 > >> Hi,
7 > >>
8 > >> can repoman logic be changed a little bit, so it prepends commit
9 > >> message for git repos with package name? Otherwise git log when
10 > >> using repoman looks not informative.
11 > >>
12 > >> Regards,
13 > >> Jauhien
14 > >>
15 > >
16 > > We could add an option for that, rather than make it mandatory, so
17 > > that the existing behavior remains for flexibility. You could
18 > > enable the new option by default via REPOMAN_DEFAULT_OPTS in
19 > > make.conf. We could also add a per-repo setting for repos.conf (and
20 > > possibly layout.conf in the repository) which you could override
21 > > via the command line.
24 > It would be nice. As currently, when people commit to overlays using
25 > repoman, logs look quite unclear. Adding such an option to overlay
26 > configuration files is a good idea.
27 >
28 > --
29 > Jauhien
33 Tom, can you have a look at this for the repoman rewrite. If the
34 changes are minimal and easily done in the current code and the rewrite
35 is easily reabsed to include it. Then we can make it in the master
36 branch.
39 Brian Dolbec <dolsen>