From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] [patch] repoman: metadata.xml checks re-write
Date: Wed, 04 May 2016 00:32:54
1 I've rebased djc's re-write work [1] onto the current master.
2 I've done a few small changes along the way like removed unused
3 variables, fix imports... But tried to stay with his original commits
4 for the most part. I did however just remove the herds checks from
5 being done. I've left the code in place still in case it can be
6 re-cycled for a projects check instead.
7
8 I then continued to rewrite the code in order for it to take advantage
9 of the XMLSchema error reporting. The current code as well as the
10 release code are not outputting all the errors in the metadata.xml.
11
12 Just compare runs on gen-b0rk/xml-test/missing-attributes pkg, you'll
13 see that it stops after the one error. This new code should output any
14 and all errors that the in-tree XMLSchema file is capable of.
15
16 There are currently 12 commits in the repoman branch [2] of the portage
17 repo. Gokturk is working on some more test ebuilds/errors and code to
18 add to it still. But it would be good to get this code reviewed up to
19 this point. Even without additional tests or checks added, this code
20 is probably better than the current code for a repoman release.
21
22 I've attached a git diff of the repoman branch to master, individual
23 commits can be looked at via your favourite means.
24
25 [1] https://github.com/djc/portage/commits/repoman-metadata
26
27 [2] https://gitweb.gentoo.org/proj/portage.git/
30 Brian Dolbec <dolsen>

metadada.xml-checks-rewrite.diff text/x-patch