From: Christopher Korn <chris@××××××.de>
To: Alec Warner <warnera6@×××××××.edu>
Cc: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Next major version
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 04:50:48
1 On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 21:15:29 -0400
2 Alec Warner <warnera6@×××××××.edu> wrote:
3
4 > > All information I want is on the page [1], but the mentioned API
5 > > documentation would help other people to find easy access to
6 > > portage-development.
7 > > This is the only improvement a "new" portage site needs in my
8 > > opinion, since writing something like this needs a good knowledge
9 > > of Python, easily asking someone to volunteer for it isn't good. :)
10 > >
11 > I only ask because otherwise it doesn't get done. There are many
12 > things that would improve gentoo, only the manpower to do them is
13 > required. Besides, we all need to learn python sometime ;)
14
15 Ok you're right. (With the Python thing too ;))
16 I can try to write something if anyone is ok with that. But is there
17 real interest at the moment?
18 Finding other guys helping out should not be a problem after the first
19 steps are done.
20
21
22