From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] making dodoc and dohtml die when they fail and stricter is on
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 23:16:33
1 On Mon, Dec 26, 2005 at 12:54:04AM +0200, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > Currently there are quite a few ebuilds in the tree that execute dodoc
3 > or dohtml for files that do not exist. I think it would be nice to have
4 > ebuilds die if this is the case. To not break current ebuilds this would
5 > only happen with FEATURES="stricter". This is what I currently do in my
6 > bashrc. Obviously when integreted to portage one can use helper
7 > functions like hasq which are not available in bashrc.
10 > if [[ "${FEATURES/stricter}" != "${FEATURES}" ]]; then
11 >
12 > _makefail() {
13 > bin="/usr/lib/portage/bin/${1}"
14 > shift 1
15 > "${bin}" "${@}" || die "${bin} ${@} failed"
16 > }
17 >
18 > dodoc() { _makefail ${FUNCNAME} "${@}"; }
19 > dohtml() { _makefail ${FUNCNAME} "${@}"; }
20 Seems like more of a -dev discussion imo, since they're the ones
21 affected by it (for us it's just an api change).
22 ~harring