From: Paul Varner <fuzzyray@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] emerge-webrsync patch
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 19:48:40
1 On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 17:38 +0100, Johannes Fahrenkrug wrote:
2 > Good point. Is this patch better? Or should it rather be _exactly_ as it
3 > is in revdep-rebuild?
4
5 I personally would do it the same way as revdep-rebuild since that
6 causes the entire script and anything it calls to be run at the value
7 set in PORTAGE_NICENESS. However, the way you have done it works just as
8 well.
9
10 As far as your patch goes, you don't need to call the emerge metadata
11 with a nice value since the emerge command reads and uses the
12 PORTAGE_NICENESS value.
13
14 Finally, I am not a portage developer, so if this gets accepted and used
15 depends upon them and not me.
16
17 Regards,
18 Paul