From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Portage .51 features
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 18:08:54
1 Hi all
2
3 The release of Portage 2.0.51 could be a major news item. I'm therefore
4 trying to write a big article for gentoo.org which lists the major changes
5 and new features of .51.
6
7 A draft (still incomplete but I'm off for the night now) is available at
8 http://dev.gentoo.org/~swift/portage.html, the summary itself (not visible
9 on that page) reads:
10
11 """
12 The Gentoo Portage team is proud to present Portage version 2.0.51 to the
13 world! Changes include improved support for cascading profiles, dynamic
14 handling of virtuals, rebuilding on USE-flag changes, gpg verification and
15 more.
16 """
17
18 I would really appreciate if you can take a look and tell me what else needs
19 to be in it, what can be removed, what should be altered, etc.
20
21 Wkr,
22 Sven Vermeulen
25 ^__^ And Larry saw that it was Good.