From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Atom matching behavior
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 22:08:02
1 On Monday 31 July 2006 13:42, Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > Was just brought to my attention that the =* operator doesn't work as I
3 > thought, as for example =foo-1.2* matches foo-1.20 as well as foo-1.2.3.
4 > This wouldn't be a bug problem if it could be used as a general glob
5 > operator like with =foo-1.2.*, but it's use is strictly limited to the
6 > above version (can only be used when a version component separator may
7 > appear), so atm there is no facility to reliably lock an atom at a
8 > specific version component when you have to account for multi-digit
9 > components.
10
11 i pointed this out quite a while ago and was told it was "by design" so i've
12 just lived with it ... but i would be happy to see it changed as you
13 proposed :)
14 -mike