From: Paul Varner <fuzzyray@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] PATCH: gentoolkit: Make portage.config object a global object
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 23:56:26
1 On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 18:34 -0500, Brian Harring wrote:
2 > > Updated patch to add a semaphore to control access to the global
3 > > portage.config object. Unless anyone sees any other issues with this
4 > > patch, I will be placing it into gentoolkit.
5 > Reason for a semaphore over threading.Lock ?
6
7 No reason other than I'm used to thinking of them as semaphores instead
8 of locks, so semaphore is what I searched for in the Python docs.
9
10 Paul
11 --
12 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list