From: "Herminio Hernandez Jr." <herminio.hernandezjr@×××××.com>
To: Heiko Schulze <silverlight2008@×××××××.de>
Cc: gentoo-powerpc <gentoo-powerpc@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-powerpc] gentoo on PowerMac G4 yaboot failing to boot
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 20:31:25
1 I think I found a problem with the Gentoo netinstall image reading OWC IDE SSDs. I have been experiencing issues with Gentoo booting after the install completed. Yaboot could not find the image file. This seemed odd to me since Debian and Ubuntu worked fine on my machine with the same drive. One thing I noticed was Gentoo was seeing my disk as a hda instead of a sda. Just to be sure I reinstalled Debian and verified that it was reading my drive as a sda drive and yaboot was loading. Could this be the root cause as why yaboot could not read my drive? Who would I place a bug report with? I really would to have Gentoo working on my Powermac I already had it working on my iBook. Thanks!
2
3 Sent from my iPhone
4