From: Leno Hou <lenohou@×××××.com>
To: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-powerpc@l.g.o, Zhao Kevin <kevin.zhaoshuai@×××××.com>, Linda Jiang <linda.qj25@×××××.com>, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>, hechjie@××××××.com
Subject: [gentoo-powerpc] Re: status of ppc64le
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 07:57:27
1 On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 9:36 AM, Anthony G. Basile <blueness@g.o>
2 wrote:
3
4 > Hi everyone,
5 >
6 > An update on progress with ppc64le:
7 >
8 > 1. I've asked osuosl for a power8 ppc64le standalone system similar to
9 > timberdoodle. it has been approved by Jeffrey J. Scheel (
10 > scheel@××××××.com) but they are short of resources. The support ticket
11 > is but I haven't gotten into their system yet to see where the progress is.
14 Have you got the power8 ppc64le from osuosl ? anything can I push this
15 process forward ?
19 > 2. When I obtain access to the system, I'll use a bootable ppc64le image
20 > from debian probably and install the stage3 built by Leno et al. I put the
21 > image on my dev space for quick retrieval since the baidu link Leno gave me
22 > failed a lot:
23 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~blueness/dist/seed-stage3-ppc64le-20150925.tar.bz2
26 How to test the gentoo ppc64le stage3 made by catalyst ?
30 > 3. Leno Hou, Zhao Kevin and Linda Jiang have expressed interest in
31 > becoming gentoo devs. I can mentor them. I emailed them back suggesting
32 > that they start reading the dev manual to get an over view of gentoo, but I
33 > haven't heard back from them.
34 >
35 > Really helpful :-)
38 Leno Hou