From: "Herminio Hernandez
To: Jay Young <dragoonboy@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-powerpc <gentoo-powerpc@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-powerpc] Handbook partition information
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2017 19:27:02
1 you should have a separate /boot formatted with ext2. Yaboot has issues if
2 you do not have one.
3
4 On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 12:25 PM, Jay Young <dragoonboy@×××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > Greetings,
7 >
8 > Today installing Gentoo on a Mac Mini G4, the partitioning informaiton
9 > advised me to create a boot strap partition (800K bootstrap), but then also
10 > advised me to mount /boot on a partition although it is either not needed,
11 > or not covered in making the partition table layout found in the previous
12 > section.
13 >
14 > Can someone advise the best way to clear this up in the PPC handbook?
15 >
16 > Thanks,
21 > Jay
22 >