From: "Anthony G. Basile" <basile@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-powerpc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-powerpc] Re: osuosl openstack power8 powerpc64le for gentoo
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 08:24:13
1 On 4/19/16 10:31 PM, Leno Hou wrote:
2 > So currently I'll put the package.accept_keywords into /etc/portage. How to
3 > arch testing for keywords and stablereq?
4 > Did we have auto test framework for arch testing in Gentoo Community? For
5 > example, Linux Test Project <https://linux-test-project.github.io>( abbrev.
6 > LTP)
7 > If we have some test strategy, anything could I help for this ?
8
9 you open a bug report and request that a package be keyworded and/or
10 stablelized and you cc the ppc64 team. if packages are related you can
11 open one bug for each
12
13 this has nothing to do with the LTP. That's for testing the kernel and
14 libc, not for arch testing. you're confusing two different types of
15 testing. package is only marked stable on ppc64 if it, and all its
16 dependencies work in gentoo.
17
18 finally the QA issues can't just be ignored. if they are false
19 positives then you identify them as such and act accordingly. but you
20 cant just ignore them, eg, if there are missing deps or unstable deps
21 for a stable pkg, then those QA results much be addressed.
24 Anthony G. Basile, Ph. D.
25 Chair of Information Technology
26 D'Youville College
27 Buffalo, NY 14201