From: "Steven K. Sharp" <steven_k_sharp@×××.org>
To: gentooppc-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentooppc-dev] Re: gentooppc-dev digest, Vol 1 #2 - 3 msgs
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 22:29:45
1 You need to add yourself and whatever other users you want to have su
2 priviliges, to group wheel. The permissions on Gentoo are very very
3 strict. You can change them by editing the files in "/etc/pam.d" to fit
4 your needs. Be very careful doing this because you can leave your system
5 in a wide open state if not careful. Adding yourself to group "wheel" is
6 a much safer solution.
7
8 Another thing you have to do is make sure the user has a valid shell.
9 When I used "adduser" I neglected this and it logged me in using bash but
10 using anything else (ssh, etc.) would reject my log in. After adding
11 "/bin/bash" everything worked as planned.
12
13 Steven
14