From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-dev] Playstation3 port status woes
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 13:05:15
On 25-11-2008 2:52, Nelson Batalha wrote:

> Will this bootable disk be only to the ps3?
Plausibly maybe, much depends on the bootloader you pick to install on the ps3...
> What problems are you having building it?
Basically spare time.
> If so, afaik the livecd and stage4 could be > released in the same file, since a livecd can be > only a stage4 with a specific boot config file if I recall. > A simple install procedure could be written so a user would > appropriately copy the cd contents to the disk.
It does exist already...
> (I was actually writing a GTK gui that did just that along > with specific ps3 configurations).
Check the graphical installer available in recent releases, I'm quite sure would be nice having a patch to support the ps3 target.
> It's really annoying to compile everything from a stage3, > are you dropping stage4 support for it?
I'd suggest to use a cross-distcc setup to speed things up... lu

Subject Author
RE: [gentoo-ppc-dev] Playstation3 port status woes Nelson Batalha <nelson_batalha@×××××××.com>