From: Mark Guertin <gerk@g.o>
To: gentooppc-dev@g.o
Cc: gentooppc-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentooppc-dev] PPC 1.4_beta test release available
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 01:25:32
1 The test release for 1.4 (currenty using the gcc 3.2_pre code from cvs) is
2 online at ibiblio. I have personally noticed a dramatic speedup of my
3 binaries with the new compler, and haven't had many major issues with
4 anything. Mileage may vary... This is a test release in anticiapation of the
5 gcc 3.2 release and a final 1.4 release. We could use as many testers as we
6 can get for it.
7
8 http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/gentoo/releases/build/1.4_beta/
9
10 Stage 1/2/3 tarballs for ppc, Stage 2/3 tarballs G4 optimized are online right
11 now. A brand new Gentoo PPC 1.2 and 1.4_beta ISO very shortly to follow.
12
13 Happy Gentoo'ing all, and remember, file them bugs at http://bugs.gentoo.org
14
15 Happy but tired,