From: Mark Guertin <mark@×××××××××.com>
To: gentooppc-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentooppc-dev] dev-java/blackdown-jre build broken
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 09:52:06
1 Hello All
2
3 I noticed last night that the blackdown jre (dev-java) build is broken,
4 someone might want to have a look at it. They dist their file as a .bin
5 file, that is self extracting bz2, so it's a little strange to start with,
6 but it looks like someone has done some weird things in that build and
7 didn't finish the ARCH stuff. This and it doesn't use $ARCH (which in my
8 experiments seems to work ok in that script).
9
10 For example the SOURCE_URI doesn't pull the correct file for ppc... they use
11 ${FCS}/${MY_P}.tar.bz2 when according to their setup it should use
12 ${FCS}/${A}. It almost looks as though someone pushed their personal ebuild
13 file to CVS with some strange hacks at beginning. Also they should be using
14 ${A} to extract the file as well instead of ${MY_P}.tar.bz2. Is it possible
15 to have the build just execute the file it downloaded as that is the proper
16 way to install from their readme.. it's self extracting to the same dir it
17 is in.
18
19 Mark
23 Mark Guertin, IT Manager