From: Aaron Schumacher <ajschumache2@××××.edu>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-dev] ppc build, etc.
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 23:11:13
1 Original message follows... first, some notes: I was originally trying
2 to just follow a procedure I read about here:
3 http://www.desertsol.com/~kevin/ppc/
4 that said to email gentooppc-dev@g.o with ppc-masked ebuilds that
5 built successfully. That email got bounced, so I tried
6 gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o, which is subscribers-only it turns out. So
7 then I subscribed. Now I'm asking: am I doing the right thing at all?
8 Should I be sending to some other email address or doing something else
9 entirely? Much thanks. Original email follows:
12 Hello! I've just installed gentoo 1.2 on my iBook 700Mhz 750FX.
13 Dealing with a lot of this "masking" stuff...
14
15 Wanted to let you know that I successfully installed the
16 *galeon-1.2.6.ebuild* and it works great on my system. (Did this
17 particular one because I ended up with mozilla-1.0.1 installed, and it
18 works with galeon 1.2.6... trying to install galeon 1.2.5 failed because
19 it wanted mozilla 1.0.0 and did some weird stuff.)
20
21 Also if you have a second, I'd love a hint on how to get the gnome
22 battery status monitor applet to work... I can see the information I
23 want displayed with a 'less -f /etc/power/apm', but the applet can't
24 figure it out, apparently... Battery Charge Monitor 2.0.3.
25
26 Keep those builds unmasking, and thanks!
27
28 - Aaron
33 gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o mailing list