From: David <david@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentooppc-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-dev] Uncompress missing in base system?
Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 12:51:29
1 Hi Olivier,
2
3 ncompress is listed as an "RDEPEND" for those builds - i.e. needed for
4 building, but (when Portage is a little more advanced), disposable once
5 the package is compiled and installed. Your suggestion about adding it
6 to the base system may still hold (though I assume there's a good reason
7 ncompress is used for the ppc files instead of gunzip); but the ebuilds
8 should work fine, since they'll pull ncompress in first. If they don't,
9 something is broken!
10
11 David
15 Olivier Reisch wrote: