From: David <david@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentooppc-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-dev] dev-java/blackdown-jre build broken
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 14:58:01
1 Hmm, I wonder if there's some kind of Gentoo award for the ugliest
2 "clean up" of an ebuild.. If so, I think we'd have to nominate Seemant
3 for this one ;-)
4
5 I'll see if I can fix it.
6
7 btw, you can see who's been messing with files by looking at viewcvs on
8 the gentoo site.
9
10 David
13 Mark Guertin wrote:
14
15 >Hello All
16 >
17 >I noticed last night that the blackdown jre (dev-java) build is broken,
18 >someone might want to have a look at it. They dist their file as a .bin
19 >file, that is self extracting bz2, so it's a little strange to start with,
20 >but it looks like someone has done some weird things in that build and
21 >didn't finish the ARCH stuff. This and it doesn't use $ARCH (which in my
22 >experiments seems to work ok in that script).
23 >
24 >For example the SOURCE_URI doesn't pull the correct file for ppc... they use
25 >${FCS}/${MY_P}.tar.bz2 when according to their setup it should use
26 >${FCS}/${A}. It almost looks as though someone pushed their personal ebuild
27 >file to CVS with some strange hacks at beginning. Also they should be using
28 >${A} to extract the file as well instead of ${MY_P}.tar.bz2. Is it possible
29 >to have the build just execute the file it downloaded as that is the proper
30 >way to install from their readme.. it's self extracting to the same dir it
31 >is in.
32 >
33 >Mark