From: Ron Day <ronmon@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-dev] openoffice-ximian-1.1.53 builds on ppc
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:08:57
1 Hi there,
2
3 Well, somebody had to try it. It took almost 14 hours to build on my G3
4 900 iBook w/ 384MB of RAM, but openoffice-ximian-1.1.53 built on the
5 first attempt and runs flawlessly. There's plenty more where this came
6 from, but possibly the most relevant info is:
7
8 gcc-3.3.3_pre20040408-r1
9 glibc-2.3.3_pre20040207
10 gnome-2.6
11 xorg-x11-6.7.0
12 USE="gnome -kde"
13 CFLAGS="-mcpu=750 -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing"
14
15 I have had problems with gcc-3.2 and glibc-2.3.2, and these later
16 versions seem to help with most builds. CFLAGS are intentionally
17 conservative and the last flag is per the 'ewarn' in the gcc ebuild for
18 this version.
19
20 Considering the enormity of this ebuild in regard to disk space and
21 processing time demands, it would be really nice to have an
22 openoffice-ximian-bin available for ppc like there is for x86. I'd be
23 open to trying a 'quickpkg' on mine if the gcc and glibc versions didn't
24 cause a problem for others. If and when I can figure out cross-compiling
25 on my dual Athlon desktop, I would be willing to experiment some more.
26
27 Cheers,
28 Ron
31 gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o mailing list